There are many reasons why the wifi connection in your device is working slow. Maximum are absolutely harmless, but it may be that someone is using it without your permission. In this article, we will show you the way to find out exactly who is sharing your wireless network , and the way to kick any intruders off it all the time.
Who is using My Wi-Fi
To discover who is using your wiFi, the first aspect you need to do is ensure you’re linked to the wi-fi connection and you desire to display. Next, download the Wi-Fi tracking app Fing from the link under.
when you have got downloaded the app, open it, and you may see the name of your network on the home screen, in conjunction with the Refresh and Settings buttons. to peer all of the devices connected on your wi-fi community, tap Refresh.
This process could take a couple of minutes, however after-wards you will see a list of gadgets, in conjunction with a hallmark that tells you if it’s a phone or laptop.
faucet any tool on your community to deliver up a list of options for interacting with that tool. those consist of sending pings or Wake on LAN alerts, and you could even log while the ones gadgets connect and disconnect from the network.
How to Block Other Devices
If one of the devices related in your network is unusual or suspicious, your can block it forever. Fing suggests you the MAC address of every tool related to your network (the number will comply with this format and be made from numbers and letters: ‘xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx’). Make a word of this quantity.
- On the computer this is connected on your router, input your router IP into the browser, then enter your router login details on the subsequent web page (to discover your router IP)
- As soon as logged into your router, find the security options (its location varies among routers and can be placed beneath advanced Settings)
- In protection, click MAC Filtering, then add tool
- Enter the MAC deal with of the tool you want to prohibit within the MAC area, supply it a name if there may be such an alternative, then click apply, save or adequate
- whilst you’re logged into your router, now additionally be really worth changing your wireless password, seeing as your remaining one may additionally had been compromised.
After follow these steps you can secure your Wi Fi connection.