Remember, this is NOT an official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow release from AT&T. This means that flashing the custom firmware will void your device’s warranty.
Update Galaxy S4 I337 to Android 6.0.1 OctOS:
- Download the OctOS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy S4
- Once you download and save the zip file on your computer, here are the steps to proceed:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the OctOS Android 6.0.1 ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
- Don’t forget to comment if you are happy with this one-of-the-first Marshmallow based ROM for AT&T Galaxy S4.